How to Bank Without Going to the Bank
August 25, 2022
We understand you have a busy schedule. From working during banking hours, to dropping your kids off at their afterschool clubs, it is hard to make it into a branch. Although we love to see your smiling faces in our branches, we know that sometimes life gets in the way. Luckily for you, there are several ways you can bank without even stepping foot through the door.
Explore Your Financial Options at websterfirst.com
The world is digital, and Webster First Federal Credit Union offers many online resources to provide the easiest and most convenient banking experience possible. Our website is full of helpful information to get you started. You can open accounts or apply for loans with the click of a button. This includes checking, savings, money markets, certificates, auto loans, personal loans, mortgages, and home equities.
If you are looking for financial advice, there are several calculators on the website that can help you answer questions such as, “Which mortgage is better for me?” “How much car can I afford?” “What is my investment yield?” and much more!
Award Winning Website
Our website has been awarded an Outstanding Achievement Award by the Interactive Media Awards (IMA). The IMA judges websites based on design, content, usability, feature functionality, and compliance, and websterfirst.com received high marks in each of those categories. What does that mean? It means our members can trust that when they use our website it will be an easy, stress free experience.
Once you have your account opened, you are eligible to enroll in online banking. Websterfirst.com has step by step instructions to guide you through this process. When that’s set up, you can download our app to your mobile device to access anytime, anywhere. Our online banking and mobile banking app provide many options for people who are always on the go. It will allow you to:
- Check account balances and history – See balances of all your accounts. Mark transactions with keywords to keep track of specific charges like tax deductible purchases to make tax time easy.
- Transfer funds – Transfer money between your accounts instantly or transfer to a loan to make a payment.
- Pay bills – Schedule one-time or reoccurring payments with either Bill Pay in online banking and our mobile app, or Payment Portal.
- Deposit checks – Mobile deposit by taking a photo of the check and receive a same day credit to your account. (Subject to funds availability policy and daily cut-off time).
- Budget with Money Management – See and understand where you’re spending your money and keep yourself on track. View a chart of your spending trends to see how they fluctuate.
- Set alerts – Set alerts to tell you when and where your debit card is used, so your account history is never in question.
- Use Text Message Banking – When you enroll in online banking, you also have the option to enroll in text message banking. You can text commands to 454545 to check account balances and history.
Bank by Phone
If you can’t get to a computer or the app just isn’t for you, there are even more ways you can get your banking done without going into a branch. Telephone banking is available to all members 24/7 at (888) 459-3328. You can check your balances, transactions, and transfer money between accounts.
During business hours you can also contact our call center at (800) 962-4452. Call center representatives have the ability to answer any and all questions. They can give you balances, set up internal or external transfers, help you get a new debit card if yours was lost or stolen, and much more!