Picture Yourself in 2020 Calendar Photo Contest
Entry is now closed. Voting begins June 21 at noon Eastern Time.
Calling all shutterbugs!
We want to feature your photos in our 2020 member calendar, available at all branches this coming holiday season. This year's theme is "America the Beautiful," and we're looking for shots showcasing our country from the shores of Hawaii, to the Grand Canyon, to right here at home in New England.
Prizes, with bragging rights included
- 1 grand prize winner - $250 Amazon gift card, photo on calendar cover, photo inside calendar
- 11 winners - $150 Amazon gift card, photo inside calendar
How to enter
- Entry is now closed
- Photos must be your own original work
- Photos must be landscape orientation, so if you're taking them with your phone, be sure to turn it sideways!
- This year's theme is America the Beautiful, so photos should be of beautiful landscapes and scenery from across the USA
- You can enter as many photos as you like
- Entries not selected as winners may still appear in other collateral - see rules for full details
- Winners will be chosen by a combination of public voting and judges panel at Webster First
- Public voting will take place in early summer - stay tuned for details and make sure to invite friends to vote when the time comes!
Contest rules (the lawyers made us put this here)
2020 CALENDAR PHOTO SUBMISSION CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. DESCRIPTION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES: The Picture Yourself in 2020 Contest (“Contest”) is designed to give entrants (“Entrants”) the opportunity to submit an original photo for the chance to have their submission featured in Webster First Federal Credit Union’s official 2020 promotional calendar, as well as the chance to win an Amazon Gift Card. Prizes will be awarded to the Entrants who submit the best entry as determined by popular vote and a panel of judges in accordance with these Official Rules.
Entrants are encouraged to submit scenic photographs of American landscapes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. The following individuals are not eligible: (a) employees of Webster First Federal Credit Union and its subsidiaries; and (b) those living in the same household as a person in (a).
3. HOW TO ENTER: The contest will open Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 8:00 AM ET, and close on Friday, June 14, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET. A total of 12 winners will be selected. Eleven winners will receive one $150 Amazon gift card each and have their photo featured in our 2020 calendar. One Grand Prize Winner will receive a $250 Amazon gift card, have their photo featured in our 2020 calendar, and have their photo on the cover of our 2020 calendar. Each winning photo will represent a month in Webster First Federal Credit Union’s official 2020 promotional calendar.
To enter, entrants must upload a photo at www.websterfirst.com/calendarcontest (“Submission”). All Submissions will be reviewed by Webster First Federal Credit Union prior to posting on the gallery page located at www.websterfirst.com/calendarcontest. Webster First Federal Credit Union reserves the right to not post any Submission that it deems in its sole discretion is inappropriate or does not conform to these Official Rules. Webster First Federal Credit Union will not notify Entrants whether their Submissions have been approved or denied. One person may not upload the same Submission more than once. Entrants may submit multiple entries, but each submission must be different. Multiple submissions do not increase the chances of winning. Retain a copy of your Submission in its original format after uploading it. If you are a winner, you will need to provide Webster First Federal Credit Union with your Submission in its original format. Failure to do so may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. By entering the Contest, Entrants understand that all Submissions may be posted online for viewing by the general public and otherwise used by Webster First Federal Credit Union and its designees as otherwise set forth herein. Webster First Federal Credit Union does not guarantee the posting of any Submission and reserves the right not to post a Submission for any or no reason. By entering the Contest each Entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules.
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: By entering the Contest, each Entrant warrants and represents that their Submission conforms to the requirements set forth in these Official Rules. Each Submission must comply with the following:
a) Each Submission must be at least 300 dpi.
b) Each Submission should be landscape oriented.
c) The Submission must be your own original work, created solely by you; must not have been previously published, released or distributed in any form; must not have won any award; and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
d) The Submission must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or service.
e) If any persons appear or are referred to in the Submission, you are solely responsible for obtaining, prior to submitting your photo, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the Submission by Webster First Federal Credit Union in accordance with these Official Rules. If a person in your Submission is under the age of majority and you are their parent or legal guardian, your entering the Contest shall constitute consent to have your child’s image included in your Submission. If a person in your Submission is under the age of majority and you are not their parent or legal guardian, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release. Webster First Federal Credit Union reserves the right to receive copies of such releases upon request. f) Submissions that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, or Submissions that otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material may not be submitted and may be removed at any time in Webster First Federal Credit Union’s sole and unfettered discretion.
g) The Submission must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than yourself. Should you include personally identifiable information about yourself in your Submission, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be disclosed publicly and you are solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
h) Webster First Federal Credit Union reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Submission for any reason, including but not limited to a violation or potential violation of any of the foregoing requirements or a failure to comply with any provision of these Official Rules. The decisions of Webster First Federal Credit Union on this and all matters pertaining to the Contest shall be final and binding.
i) Entrants agree to indemnify and hold Webster First Federal Credit Union harmless from and against any suits, claims, losses, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, that it may sustain from any breach of a representation or warranty made by the Entrant or the use of any rights granted by the Entrant to Webster First Federal Credit Union hereunder.
5. WINNER SELECTION: A panel of judges will review all eligible Submissions received during the Contest Period to ensure adherence to these Official Rules & Regulations. Submissions will be posted on a photo gallery page that will be available at www.websterfirst.com/calendarcontest. Winning photos will be chosen through a combination of popular voting and a panel of judges. The public will be allowed to vote during a set period after submissions close. Once voting closes, a panel of judges will make final selections.
Judges will attempt in all cases to match popular vote, however, may need to make alternate selections if popular vote winners are too similar, unsuitable, or for any other reason. The decisions of these judges are final and binding.
6. PRIZES; APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE; ODDS OF WINNING; FULFILLMENT: Eleven (11) winners will receive one (1) $150 Amazon gift card each. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) $250 Amazon gift card. TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. The odds of winning are determined by popular vote.
Winners will be given the option to pick their prize up at a Webster First branch location or to have the prize mailed to them. If the winner opts to have the prize mailed, the winner releases Webster First Federal Credit Union from any liability for lost, stolen, or damaged prizes.
7. GRANT OF RIGHTS: All Entrants grant Webster First Federal Credit Union the right to display their Submissions and the right to display and prepare derivative works of their Submissions on Web sites, including but not limited to youtube.com, facebook.com, twitter.com, instagram.com, and websterfirst.com, for advertising and promotional purposes. Winners hereby grant Webster First Federal Credit Union a royalty free license, without geographic or time limitation, to display his or her Submission for promotional or advertising relating purposes in any and all media. The use of the Submissions after the Contest is complete for advertising and promotional purposes and may or may not include the Entrant’s name and city and state of residency. Winners agree to sign any documents that may be necessary to affect the assignment of the licensing rights. Winners agree to waive the right to the photo submission and are not entitled to any compensation (financial or otherwise) for the use by Webster First Federal Credit Union of the winning photo for an advertising or promotional purpose.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Webster First Federal Credit Union reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest and to disqualify any Entrant that tampers with the entry process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Webster First Federal Credit Union may reject any Submission, if in Webster First Federal Credit Union's sole judgment, the Entrant has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter or participate. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND WEBSTER FIRST FEDERAL CREDIT UNION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Without limiting the foregoing, Webster First Federal Credit Union may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest if, in Webster First Federal Credit Union's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Contest, including without limitation: (a) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God or ( b) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared).
(c) Releases and Affidavits
As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winners must complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within five (5) calendar days of the date stated on the prize notice.
By participating in this Contest all Entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Webster First Federal Credit Union, affiliates and subsidiaries and Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook from and against any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to Entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their participation in this Contest (or related activities) or their acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize.
Except where prohibited, Entrants hereby grant Webster First Federal Credit Union the right to use their names, likenesses, voices, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes.
(f) Entry Errors/Internet
Webster First Federal Credit Union is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected information. Webster First Federal Credit Union is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Webster First Federal Credit Union on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Webster First Federal Credit Union which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Webster First Federal Credit Union reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Webster First Federal Credit Union reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. If there is a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned.
9. GOVERNING LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or Webster First Federal Credit Union in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state laws. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action. Venue for all suits will be in federal or state courts located in Worcester, MA.
10. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
11. WINNERS’ LIST: A copy of the winners’ list may be obtained by sending a written request to: 2020 New England Calendar Photo Submission Contest, c/o Marketing Department, Webster First Federal Credit Union, 271 Greenwood Street, Worcester, MA 01607 received by December 1, 2019.
12. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Webster First Federal Credit Union 271 Greenwood Street, Worcester, MA 01607. The Contest is in no way sponsored or endorsed by Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Amazon.