Card Alert Notification Program
Protecting your debit or ATM card from fraud requires 24/7 monitoring. Our fraud detection program monitors your card transactions for any suspicious activity. If potentially fraud transactions are taking place, we'll contact you immediately so that future fraudulent transactions can be avoided. All members will be automatically enrolled in this program.
What we monitor
Your card transactions are monitored for purchases outside your normal purchasing patterns, unusual timeframes and geographical locations, or purchase patterns that are consistent with previously identified fraud trends.
How we contact you
Getting in touch with you quickly is critical to stopping any potential card fraud. 86% of Americans have a mobile device and this offers a convenient and free* method to get in touch with you fast. With our Card Alert Notification Program, you will receive a text message asking you to confirm if a suspicious transaction was authorized by you.
Receiving a text message
- The text message will arrive with a 5 digit code (33748) and contain Webster First's name, the dollar amount of the transaction, and the merchant name.
- You will be asked to reply with "Yes" if you authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming text message and can continue to use your card with confidence.
- A "No" reply means you have not authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming text message and you will be contacted immediately by a fraud specialist to protect your account. The fraud specialist will ask for your Social Security number to identify you. Please note: you will never be asked for your PIN.
- Do not reply to the text message with any personal or confidential card information.
- If you would like to opt out of receiving these important messages by text, you may reply with "STOP" to indicate this preference.
Help us protect you
- Keep us up to date with your current mobile and home phone numbers and contact information.
- Traveling in the U.S. or to a foreign country for an extended period of time? Call us at 800.962.4452 prior to your departure and we'll make our monitoring more flexible during your travel time.
Please note: If your ATM/Debit Card has been lost or stolen during business hours, please call us at 800.962.4452 for immediate assistance. If your card has been lost or stolen after hours, please call 800.528.2273 for assistance.