Setting Up Direct Deposits
Have your paycheck or Social Security payments sent directly to your Webster First checking, savings, or money market account with direct deposit.
You will need to provide both Webster First's routing number and your account number to set up a direct deposit.
Webster First's routing number is 211386597. Your account number may differ from your member number, and can be found on your checks, within online banking, or by calling us at (800) 962-4452.
Finding Your Account Number on a Check
Look for the number after the Webster First routing number. Please note that the diagram below is for reference only, and the length of your actual account number may differ from what's shown.
Finding Your Account Number Within Online Banking
- Open up the detail page for the account you wish to deposit funds into.
- Click on "see account details" in the right-hand menu.
- The details window will open. Your account number is listed as "ACH number." If no number is listed, please call us at (800) 962-4452 for assistance.
Direct Deposit for Social Security
The process for setting up direct deposit for Social Security will depend upon whether you are enrolling for the first time or simply switching your deposit account information.
First Time Social Security Enrollment
You may apply for benefits for yourself or a spouse on the U.S. government's official Social Security website, if you:
- are at least 61 years and 9 months old;
- are NOT currently receiving benefits on your own Social Security record;
- have not already applied for retirement benefits; and
- want your benefits to start no more than 4 months in the future.
The website offers a list of information you will need to have handy in order to complete the application process. You will also find a retirement calculator that helps to estimate what your benefits will be.
You may also apply by phone at (800) 772-1213 from 7am - 7pm Monday through Friday or in person at your local Social Security office (call first to make an appointment.)
Change Existing Social Security Direct Deposit Account(s)
If you are already receiving social security benefits and would like to change your direct deposit account(s), you may do so online or over the phone.
- Online: Create a my Social Security account on the U.S. government's official Social Security website. Your account will allow you to update direct deposits as desired.
- By phone: Call Social Security at (800) 772-1213 from 7am - 7pm Monday through Friday.
Our Routing Number: 211386597