Get a Gift, Give a Gift Sweepstakes
This holiday season, Webster First wants to give you a chance to win while also giving back to our local community. Our Get a Gift, Give a Gift Sweepstakes will award one lucky winner drawn at random with a $500 Visa Gift Card, just in time for the holiday shopping season. We will also be donating $500 to a local charity chosen by popular vote.
Entries are now closed.
- The contest begins Tuesday, November 1 at noon Eastern Time and will end on Tuesday, November 29 at noon Eastern Time
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age or older and willing to pick up their prize at a Webster First Federal Credit Union branch
- Entrants must agree to the Official Rules and Regulations upon entering
- One entry will be allowed per person during the Sweepstakes
- Winner will be chosen on Wednesday, November 30 and notified by phone on Thursday, December 1
The following charities were chosen due to their stellar reputations in our local communities. When entering the contest, you will have an opportunity to cast a vote for the charity you think deserves the $500 the most. The winning charity will be determined based upon a popular vote. We encourage everyone to learn more, and donate or volunteer, with these great organizations:
- Why Me & Sherry's House - Based in Worcester, Why Me is dedicated to helping families cope with childhood cancer, offering all-encompassing support services and programs. From support groups, to logistical support, to financial support, and everything in between, Why Me is there to meet the needs of families at their most difficult hour, with all services offered free of charge.
- Worcester Animal Rescue League (WARL) - Based in Worcester, WARL is dedicated to the care and protection of local animals. WARL works with foster homes, rescue groups, and other shelters nationwide to place animals in the best possible environment. WARL staff and volunteers act as caretakers for the animals and as educators for us humans, making the word a better place for our fluffy friends.
- Friends of Boston's Homeless - Based in Boston, Friends of Boston's Homeless supports solutions-oriented programs with proven track records that help homeless individuals transition from the streets or shelters to lead stable and independent lives in homes of their own. Friends bridges the gap between public sector funding and the current needs of the homeless by providing a way for individuals, businesses, foundations, and charitable organizations to be a part of the solution.
- Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) - Based in Boston, GBFB is the largest hunger-relief organization in New England, serving 190 cities and towns in Eastern Massachusetts. Last year, GBFB distributed over 54 million pounds of food, enough to provide healthy meals to over 500,000 people who struggle to eat. GBFB's goal is to provide one healthy meal per day for every hungry person in Eastern Massachusetts.